Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where is my leak?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> DiscussionMessage format

giantart
Posted 2018-10-25 2:17 PM (#5954)
Subject: Where is my leak?

(67.143.192.20)
Hi guys,

So my bus has never leaked until this last rain. After and during rain there appeared a lot of water on the bathroom floor and hallway. I mean, a LOT of water. Took myself to the rooftop and nothing seems obvious to me. Any clue where this water might be coming from? also oddly, there was a small amount of water on bathroom counter top. No vent leak as far as i can tell, so any input will be greatly appreciated.

Jerome
Coach 215
Texas
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2018-10-25 3:01 PM (#5956 - in reply to #5954)
Subject: Re: Where is my leak?

(71.92.153.147)
Check the drain tube that goes from the sunken area around the bathroom vent through the raised burm to the outside so that the water goes down the outside of the driver side wall. It is a short 3/4” or so pvc tube. Check the inside of the tube to see if it is plugged.

Then reseal around the OUTSIDE of both ends of the tube. That is where I got significant water into my bathroom last year. The seal around the outside of the tube had deteriorated which let the pooled rainwater go inside the roof/ceiling area. Mine came in through the light fixture and I don’t know all where else!

I now have a dry bathroom except where we want water!
dkarnath
Posted 2018-10-25 3:10 PM (#5957 - in reply to #5954)

(204.10.247.1)
I get the same small amount of water on my counter top also, not sure where it's coming from, seems like it enters from behind the vanity mirror?? If you have a large amount of water like you say, you may want to take the interior ceiling vent shrouding off and look up inside the ceiling area with a flash light during a rain storm or have a garden hose running up on the roof top and see what you can see...I think one spot that could be a possibility would be the roof structure cross-over drain tube on the drivers side. They don't exactly set flush with the roof, so water still pools in that area?
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2018-10-25 3:24 PM (#5958 - in reply to #5954)

(71.92.153.147)
As to the small amount on the left end of the counter top, I also get that after significant rains. After years of looking for a source on top of the coach, my conclusion is that it comes down the outside of the vent tube. The rain cap is angled due to the angle of the roof and I think that lets a small amount of water past the cap which then runs down the vent line and into the coach. I still have it happen to my coach on occasion.
dkarnath
Posted 2018-10-25 4:35 PM (#5959 - in reply to #5958)

(204.10.247.1)
Yes, that's what I get Stephen, same thing.
giantart
Posted 2018-10-25 5:29 PM (#5960 - in reply to #5954)
Subject: RE: Where is my leak?

(67.143.192.203)
Wow! You're all here - I appreciate the fast help!

The "Drain tube" is clear and I didn't notice the goo around it being compromised. I was uh tinkin' it might be the mounts for the AC condenser units, OR going under the vent housing itself, but why all of a sudden ya know. And so much in the hall floor? It's a good 3 gallons for sure. (Bathroom and hallway) I haven't checked under sink yet but kinduh afraid to look!

And it is sitting a little tilted down on the drivers side at the moment where it's parked, but no leaks till yesterday.

Jerome
Coach 215
Texas
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2018-10-25 5:56 PM (#5961 - in reply to #5954)

(71.92.153.147)
If it is going to leak, it has to start sometime! The "goo" around the drain tube on mine looked good from above as well. It was when I looked at the bottom outside end of the tube that I found the problem. The tube on mine is slightly U shaped and the water was going out the tube and then back along the underside of the tube. I don't have a gallonage estimate but it was a lot of water! Double check the bottom of the far end of the tube.

Do you have the water system pressureized all of the time or just when you are in the coach? If unpressurized, then it is not from under the sink.

Good luck and stay dry,
giantart
Posted 2018-10-28 6:31 PM (#5965 - in reply to #5954)
Subject: RE: Where is my leak?

(67.143.192.169)
Case solved and repaired!

The culprit was indeed the inside seal on the Drain Tube. Oh, and the four or five spots where the fiberglass had begun to de-laminate around the raised mounting lip.

Thanks to all of you for the help. Makes it that much easier to strike off in the dark.

Jerome
Coach#215

Edited by giantart 2018-10-28 6:34 PM
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)