Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Owner - #599
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> DiscussionMessage format

LLRJ17
Posted 2021-01-22 3:47 PM (#7664)
Subject: New Owner - #599

(172.112.15.230)
Hello!

The wife and I just purchased #599, with 58,300 miles, and will be taking possession of it within the next couple of weeks (waiting on hardware to complete the installation of new 19.5" wheels with Sumitomo tires). The previous owner purchased it 12 years ago as a backup/spares for his other coach (also owns an FMC bus) and he decided recently to prep it for sale. He has put a tremendous amount of work into it and the coach is in great condition mechanically, aesthetically, and functionally. We are extremely fortunate to know the seller and are grateful for his friendship, guidance, and skills. The few minor things left to address I'm looking forward to sorting myself (with rudimentary mechanical and electrical skills).

While this is the first RV we've owned, we do have a half-dozen rentals under our belts and are entering this adventure with eyes-wide-open. (Family/friends: "You bought a 1974...?!?!?!")

I've already spent a fair amount of time here and on FMC Motorcoach (the pdf manuals are awesome) and really appreciate all the information. Plus, as indicated, the previous owner is a wealth of information in his own right.

One question: Any recommendations for a place in either Ventura or north LA county for future service/repairs/upgrades?

Thanks In Advance!
Lee
Simi Valley, CA
Top of the page Bottom of the page
andy1canada
Posted 2021-01-23 7:53 AM (#7666 - in reply to #7664)
Subject: RE: New Owner - #599

(172.218.221.116)
Morning Lee, and Welcome to the fraternity of FMC Motorcoach owners!

As you described the excitement you felt around the business of buying your first FMC, it conjured up the same memories and excitement within me that I felt over 10 yrs ago when I first laid eyes on #846 and then, not long after, buying it.

Good that you are able to get onto a wheel-upgrade early on; typically, it's the first and biggest issue to resolve after you get unwittingly-sucked into the vortex that is the allure of these beautiful old coaches. There will be a familiar old sound you've heard throughout your life that is about to become much more prevalent going forward... "Cha-ching!"

There are many more qualified and knowledgeable folks on this Forum than I at the ready to help with whatever questions you may have concerning all things - FMC.

There's also a Facebook forum now, too: https://www.facebook.com/groups/180207095371053/about

Keep your eye's and ears pealed for new Rally dates in the future as I can speak from experience, it's a great opportunity to get away for a road-trip and gather with a great group of fellow coach owners who will welcome you.

On your question about a qualified service outfit in So. Cal, I can't really help as I'm a Canuck living up here on Vancouver Island, but you did mention you had some "...rudimentary mechanical skills", so it strikes me that if you take advantage of the great resource of all the friendly coach owners here that will readily avail themselves to answer virtually all of your service/maintenance questions (together with the Parts/Service manual reference) - that you will find you can resolve many if not most of these situations yourself.

Hopefully we can meet at a Rally someday, somewhere... somehow.

May you and yours stay healthy!

Regards,
Terry Anderson

Edited by andy1canada 2021-01-23 7:56 AM
LLRJ17
Posted 2021-01-23 10:34 AM (#7667 - in reply to #7666)
Subject: RE: New Owner - #599

(172.112.15.230)
Thanks for the warm welcome and advice Terry!

Will definitely be keeping an eye out for upcoming rallies on the WC.
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)