Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

669 is home
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> DiscussionMessage format

hal
Posted 2021-10-05 8:27 PM (#7890)
Subject: 669 is home

(174.28.188.240)
Managed to get 669 home to Rio Rancho, NM and it was an 'adventure'. About 400 miles into the journey I managed to blow a radiator upper seam. After some deep thought and knowing I had very limited resources (tools) I decided to do a real band aid fix. After fighting the rear right side panel to access the radiator I JB welded the seam, removed the T stat added some Bar's Leak and headed for home 200 miles away.
Got to say that the motor ran fine even after an almost 20 year respite. 7.4 mpg and less than 1/2 quart of oil with 65 psi oil pressure @ 3000 rpm. Must be a good motor-but not an LBZ!
Glad we made not on a hook.
Hal
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2021-10-06 9:50 AM (#7892 - in reply to #7890)
Subject: Re: 669 is home

(71.95.117.110)
But you made it! Congratulations! Now the fun begins of doing all the restoration and upgrades that you have planned.
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2021-10-06 12:45 PM (#7893 - in reply to #7890)

(71.95.117.110)
Now you need too start your Photo album on this site that will document all of your restoration and upgrades that you do to this coach. The ability to describe what the picture is showing really helps the Viewers. You might want to do two albums. One for restoration and one or more for separate upgrades.

Having knowledge of your plans, I look forward to following your progress.
andy1canada
Posted 2021-10-06 2:57 PM (#7894 - in reply to #7890)

(172.218.221.116)
Yeah, congrats Hal!

Lot's of them - getting'er home for the first time - stories out there.

Ditto what Stephen said on getting that album going. If/when you do and if you have any issues with the photo uploader on this forum, just remember to save the file photo files in a smaller format. It makes the whole process go easier.

I'm not that great with the computer stuff and there's sure to be an easier way to do it, but at the risk of someone laughing at this I'm going to tell you how I do mine anyhow...

- Open/create a new pic folder on your computer. Put a name to it, ie: Hal's new Cummins 12V FMC swap etc. etc.

- Take a pic (for example) of the coach with the wife standing beside it giving you the finger for spending all that money and/or maybe of the ole' 440' yer about to yank out. (I use an iPhone 8)

- email the pic(s) from your phone to your email and when the phone asks for a subject title I leave it blank and then when it asks what size to format the pic - choose 'medium'.

- then later I open the email with the pics and right-click on each one 'save image as' and choose the file you created to move them to.

- when you're ready to upload them to your OG Forum Gallery/Album (ie. Hals Cummins Swap) the uploader will give you the option to 'browse' and this is when you choose the new folder with all the pics and click on the one you want. It will also give you the option, once it's uploaded, to add a 'caption' to each one or edit it if you please.

Again, there's likely a quicker/better way to do this and I, too, am all ears if someone else cares to enlighten me.

Good luck and get them pics happening, dude! Lotta' salivating FMC nut-jobs (like me) out there waiting to see your stuff.

Thanks,
Terry

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)