Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dear Frank,
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> DiscussionMessage format

andy1canada
Posted 2023-04-08 9:20 PM (#8150)
Subject: Dear Frank,

(108.172.102.254)
I'm so sorry to learn that you passed yesterday. From our last phone call a few weeks back when you told me you were done with treatment, I had a terrible feeling you were nearing the end of your battle.

A week or so ago I called your shop as your phone had been going to voicemail the previous couple of times. The kind young man I spoke with confirmed my fears that you were indeed in tough shape.

I'm also sorry I didn't get to say goodbye so I thought best to do it here as I know Facebook ain't your thing.

Here, on this old Forum, is where you'd be heard by your by your long time FMC brother's & sister's who've known you and come to appreciate and respect you for the body of knowledge and advice you'd freely share with all of us.

As well, I wanted to say thanks for all the advice and help you've given me over the years, even when all I had were mostly stupid questions.

Same as yours, my coach is now sporting a Cummins by and large from the advice you gave me.

Finally, I have to say that I especially remember the time a few years back that I'd expressed an interest in Gene Aubry's coach (another Cummins) that you were trying to sell for him. You offered to send me a crap-ton of pics taken of the coach a few years earlier; however, since those pics didn't accurately reflect the current state of the coach, I asked if you'd mind sending me a few more recent photos of it.

Well, let me say Frank, you surprised (read: impressed) the hell out of me when, a few days later, I got about 6-emails in a row from you with each one containing 8 or 10 pics of the coach! There were pics of the entire exterior - all quarters, interior - end to end, engine house and last but not least - the entire undercarriage - end to end - which showed me, in exquisite detail, that you'd crawled under that bitch and wormed your ass around like a centipede to get those pics for me.

Regardless I didn't buy the coach - you still accepted phone calls from me thereafter.

You are the 'Greatest FMC'er' I will never get to meet Frank!

I'm sad and sorry for your Family and the many Friends you surely had that got to know you much better than I ever will.

No more pain, Frank. RIP

Sending Love & Good Vibrations from Vancouver Island.

Terry Anderson & Family

FMC #846

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)