Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Mechanic's Corner -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bathroom Vent and Fan
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Mechanic's CornerMessage format

woodlandfarms
Posted 2019-01-26 7:36 PM (#6228)
Subject: Bathroom Vent and Fan

Regular

So my Fan cover is broken and upon further inspection the fan is missing as well.

I replaced my cover on my argosy, just drilled out the rivets, slapped a new one in with some sealant.

Wondering what all of you have done. What you would recommend and what you would stay away from in terms of bathroom fans and vents. Any advice appreciated and taken.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
LCAC_Man
Posted 2019-01-26 8:52 PM (#6229 - in reply to #6228)
Subject: Re: Bathroom Vent and Fan

Elite Veteran

it's all pretty standard RV stuff...I replaced the cover on my bathroom vent, it was a standard 14" Camco RV piece, nothing fancy...you can buy parts or a full fan/vent/cover assy if you are missing a bunch of the parts..
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2019-01-26 9:26 PM (#6231 - in reply to #6228)
Subject: Re: Bathroom Vent and Fan

Expert

It appears that it is a PO upgrade with an off the shelf fan. The original fan was a small round fan. Given your description, I would replace the entire unit with a new one so that you will be done with it and can move on to other things. I have Fantastic fans in my coach, but Camco’s are also good. Either order online or go to your nearest RV supply house.

I am in Cottage Grove and have several sources in Eugene.
hemi354az
Posted 2019-01-26 11:52 PM (#6232 - in reply to #6228)
Subject: RE: Bathroom Vent and Fan

Extreme Veteran

Carl,
Sending you some pictures of my HALLWAY vent on FMC #120 replacement with a Fantastic Vent/Fan.

Issue with the BATHROOM vent is the fiberglass cover over the engine driven AC condensers.
It keeps the bathroom vent from opening fully.
The condenser cover can be removed and reinstalled but has some tricky nuts/bolts that hold it on.
Some FMCers have added hinges at the front of the condenser cover and Jeep Hood type spring loaded "T" latches at the rear.
When I add my Fantastic Vent to the Bathroom, I will trim the Condenser Cover for added "opening" to it.
Hallway and Bathroom vent replacement is basically the same remove/install.

My Hallway fanless vent in #120 was all plastic. I do not know if some PO replaced it or if it was "FMC". It was all broken up and heavily oxidized, and of course leaking water/rain thru the multiple cracks.
The Bathroom vent, still has the small fan and switch sticking thru the screen. It has a plastic "lid" . . . but the "surround" that sticks down thru the hole in the roof is metal. It seems to be the "original" as it matches drawings in the Parts Book Figure 3-9. That metal skirt mount system is still OK and does not leak. The lid could be replaced, but is still intact.
I bring this up as there are several different "replacement Vent/Fans" available . . . all plastic. Plastic has improved since the 70s. Newer fans like the Fantastic Vent/Fan have two way variable speed fans . . . suck outside air in . . . or blow inside air out. My Fantastic Vent/Fan is very quiet. Also recommend opaque white for the lid. Black gets too hot, clear is often too bright, but Brand and lid color are, of course, your choice.
Vent ON ! Lou #120

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)