Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Rally Information -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Oregon Rally Oct 2020
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Rally InformationMessage format

BigRabbitMan
Posted 2020-06-26 7:32 PM (#7405)
Subject: Oregon Rally Oct 2020

Expert

There will be a rally in Oregon in early Oct of 2020.  More details to follow but get your coach ready to travel!. 
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2020-06-28 12:02 AM (#7409 - in reply to #7405)
Subject: RE: Oregon Rally Oct 2020

Expert

It’s been a year now since we had our last rally at Casey’s RV Park in Westfir, Oregon alongside the Willamette River! Given that it was necessary to cancel the Mega rally that was originally scheduled for June and some time has passed, it is time to schedule another Oregon rally. While I am sending this notice to many people, it is understandable if one is hesitant to travel a long distance. If you are comfortable doing so, please come.

I have 10 spaces reserved and we are looking forward to another great weekend of relaxation, discussions and looking at other coaches. This park is located about 35 miles east of Eugene, OR just off of hwy 58 so it is easy to get to from all directions. I know that we will have one or more first time attendee’s.

In accordance with CDC guidelines, we will be able to socially distance and still converse and socialize as the park has large amounts of grassy area where we will be parked.

It is a relaxing location as we are along the river and the spaces are nice and roomy and separated by grassy areas. Here are a couple of pictures of the area of the campground where we will be holding the rally.

*** the pictures didn't copy and paste***

The first picture is the campground’s map of the area of the campground where we will be holding the rally. The reserved spaces are 59-68. Note that space 61 has already been reserved by me so pick another number and call the campground at 541-782-1906 and tell them that you are with the FMC Owners Club and the space number that you want to reserve. It is first come, first gets the spot! If you are coming in an SOB (Some Other Brand) please reserve a spot in the 65-68 range. A 10% discount will apply if we have 10 or more attendee’s or if you are a Good Sam member. There is a small non-refundable $15 reservation fee that will hold your spot until you arrive. So call now before your desired spot is taken by someone else. Please text or email me as to which space you reserved as soon as you complete your reservation with the campground. I am trying to be organized! My contact information is Mbl: 916-425-7996 or email Stephen@heinrichs.com .

The second picture is a Google Earth image of the same location so you can see what it is like in real life! Note the spacing and the proximity of the river. Given the angle of the spaces they are easy to back into and they are all full hookup sites. Here is a link to Casey’s Riverside RV Park’s website to see the rates, rules and other features of the campground: http://www.caseysrvpark.com/ . Do not attempt to reserve your spot on the website as you will not be able to be with the rest of the group – call them!

We don’t have any outside activities scheduled at this point. Historically, a number of us that are there in time for Friday dinner have gone to the nearby town of Oakridge and had a nice Mexican dinner. Due to the virus situation, that is not planned at this time.

So it is a two step process:
Step 1. Call 541-782-1906 and tell them that you are with the FMC Owners Club and want to reserve space # ___ for the rally of October 2-3, 2020. That’s arrive on Friday and leave on Sunday.
Step 2. Text or email Stephen at either 916-425-7996 or Stephen@heinrichs.com and tell him which space you have reserved. Feel free to extend your stay earlier or later than the formal rally dates if you so desire.

The only remaining step is get on the road and arrive at the rally! You can let me know when you do that as well so that we can estimate your arrival time and be ready to greet you and assist with parking if needed. I will have wood for a fire up at the fire ring. If you have a propane camp fire setup, bring it as well for use in the coach area.
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2020-07-02 1:58 PM (#7423 - in reply to #7405)
Subject: Re: Oregon Rally Oct 2020

Expert

Time to update the update!

At the present time all of the reserved spaces PLUS 7 others have been taken! This will be the largest Oregon rally that we have had so if you want to learn things and enjoy visiting with other FMC owners, it is time reserve a space. For several attendees it will be their first FMC rally ever. I remember my first one back in 2005 in Las Vegas!

To reserve a space, just call the RV park per the instructions above and figure out which space would be best for you and closest to the group.

The attendees at present and their space numbers are:

Updated list:

Clifford - 54
Beyer - 55
Miller - 59
Enoksen - 60
Heinrichs -61
Steinborn - 62
Day - 63
Capell - 64
Karnath - 65
Glaze -66
Borrmann - 67
Pitts - 68
Howarth - 79
Hood - 77
Benson - 77
Sitton - 76
Craig - 75

Come and join us for a relaxing, informative time,
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2020-09-17 3:00 PM (#7578 - in reply to #7405)

Expert

Hi all again!

This rally update has been emailed to all who have registered for the rally. One party has a possible outside obligation change dates so they may not make it depending on circumstances. Other than that, one person needed to cancel so we will still have a good, large group of coaches and owners at this rally. Currently, we are expecting either 17 or 18 coaches!

I have had a couple of inquiries about the status of the rally due to the fires and smoke here in Oregon. As you all know 10 days ago we experienced some strong east to west hot, dry down slope winds that caused several large, intense fires that destroyed or damaged many homes and covered large areas. Fortunately the strong winds diminished after a couple of days. We have now returned to west to east light breezes/winds which have cleared most of the smoke out of the central portion of Oregon. The rally site is 30 miles south and north of the closest fires which are now burning slowly and getting contained. Air quality at the rally site is now close to normal and a couple more storm fronts bringing rain and clean air in from the ocean are expected prior to the rally.

I am looking forward to seeing all of you and touring your coaches. There will be a lot of expertise of different types represented by various owners so bring your questions,
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2020-09-26 1:36 PM (#7589 - in reply to #7405)

Expert

FMC Rally weather report:

As of this morning the weather forecast is for very favorable conditions at the rally location. Daytime highs are forecast to be in the low 80’s and nighttime lows the the low 50’s. So nice and warm during the day with clear skies which is perfect for picture taking. Cool evenings are good for visiting around a propane campfire and sound sleeping! Several inches of rain has washed away the summer dust and any ashes from the fires which are now greatly diminished and many miles away.

I’ll see you there!
TravalonSF
Posted 2020-09-30 2:49 PM (#7598 - in reply to #7405)

Contributor

Rats... so much for the well laid plans of mice and men.

I unfortunately, will miss meeting all of you at this weekends rally in which I have been eagerly awaiting. #1027 experienced a Turbo failure on a trip several weeks ago and is just now being repaired at DMax, a shop in Diamond Springs, CA specializing in Duramax powered vehicles.

Pardon the short notice and will look forward to attending the next gathering.

Robert Craig

BigRabbitMan
Posted 2021-01-03 7:09 PM (#7661 - in reply to #7405)

Expert

Due to many factors, I have just now got the pictures for the rally posted here in the photo section. For a first time, I have good pictures of the bunks that were and option for coaches numbered 646 and above. Also there are pictures of the kitchen side of an M model for the first time as part of rally photos.

http://fmcowners.com/mbbs22/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=220

Pictures never truly represent or transmit the enjoyment that we all have when attending rallies. They are invaluable as means of learning about our coaches and how to enjoy them or improve them. Next time you are at a rally with Greg Miller ask to see his wine rack! Or his modern tank level gauges. Or my electric only cooking setup. Or many other things that you can see and evaluate and decide if you want to do something like what you see to your coach.

The next scheduled rally will be the Mega Rally in the center of the country that was originally scheduled for June of 2020 which will now be held in June of 2021 in Minden, Nebraska. Plan to be there!! Here is a link to a photo of the coaches that attended the rally in 2010. We should have the same spaces. I will be starting a thread for that rally shortly.

http://www.fmcowners.com/mbbs22/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=67&ph...

I will see you in Minden!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)