Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Factory AC condensers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> DiscussionMessage format

hal
Posted 2022-07-08 11:40 AM (#8077)
Subject: Factory AC condensers

(174.28.246.69)
Working on 669 and really being a novice on the FMC platform I wonder if anyone has knowledge of the original dash air condensers. The early roof mounted units appear to have been re purposed and installed in front under the coach. Somewhere about coach 800 FMC quit using these units and went with a custom(?) triangle shaped condenser. Did these later condensers work better or was it just a supplier issue? I know, it's not a 'smart' thing to do in trying to redo the factory AC system but no one ever called me smart. Were these triangle shaped condensers also fan cooled?
Finding good locations for all the heat exchangers on a diesel swap is quite a challange. Let's see, oil, trans, fuel, water, freon, PS fluid, charge air cooling all need cooling. Fun project though.
Hal
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2022-07-08 1:33 PM (#8078 - in reply to #8077)
Subject: Re: Factory AC condensers

(71.95.117.110)
They did not go to a triangled condenser to my knowledge. When they moved them down they just arranged them in a shallow V arrangement with the ends almost touching as that is how mine are on coach 1046. And yes, they are also fan operated as the fans are needed whenever ground speed is low.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)