Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Mechanic's Corner -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wiring a NHE generator for an FMC
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Mechanic's CornerMessage format

5Dollar
Posted 2022-08-22 3:12 AM (#8095)
Subject: Wiring a NHE generator for an FMC

Veteran

I am converting from a 6.5kw NH Onan Generator to a 6.5kw NHE Onan Emerald III Generator.  The NH generator is a 120/240 volt generator and the NHE generator is 120 volt.  

I am also eliminating the automatic switch from shore power to/from generator power.  I will replace this switch with a male 50 amp plug.  There will be a female plug wired to the generator that is used when generator power is needed. and a normal 50 amp cord is used when shore power is needed.

The dilema is that the wires out of the NHE generator are two black wires, two white wires and one ground wire.  Coming out of the breaker box on the FMC are one red wire, one white wire, one black wire and a ground wire
How do I wire the two 120v circuits into the female plug that comes out of the generator?
Do I wire the two white neutral wires together and connect them to the neutral prong om the outlet?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Henry

Top of the page Bottom of the page
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2022-08-22 9:38 AM (#8096 - in reply to #8095)
Subject: Re: Wiring a NHE generator for an FMC

Expert

I have seen them set up in a simpler system. You have the 50 amp cord with its mail plug on the end. You simply plug that cord into the generator when you’re going to use the generator or you plug it in to line power or campground power if you’re not going to use the generator.
fmc708
Posted 2022-08-22 1:10 PM (#8097 - in reply to #8095)
Subject: Re: Wiring a NHE generator for an FMC

Veteran

Above my pay-grade. I am with you on the white wires. However, I did find a number of sources and videos in the interwebs dealing with this.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)