Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Mechanic's Corner -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Water tank dimensions?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Mechanic's CornerMessage format

rwmay3
Posted 2022-11-12 11:44 PM (#8117)
Subject: Water tank dimensions?

Contributor

Looking to buy and install new front water tank as well as black water tank on #0055. Does anyone know the dimensions of the forward water tank? My FMC did not have tanks on it when I acquired it. I know the front water tank is not square or rectangle and not looking to get exact replica of original (unless someone has one). Just want something up front. I have the smaller 22 gallon tank still in place, but the front 38 gallon tank is gone.

I crawled under and measured and came up with roughly 36" wide, 30" long, and 9" tall. Thinking anything in the neighborhood of this measurement will work.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rwmay3
Posted 2022-11-13 10:11 AM (#8118 - in reply to #8117)
Subject: RE: Water tank dimensions?

Contributor

....also wondering if anyone else has replaced the front water tank, and if so, what did you use?
hemi354az
Posted 2022-11-13 12:26 PM (#8119 - in reply to #8118)
Subject: Re: Water tank dimensions?

Extreme Veteran

Hello Bob, Please see Section 34 of the FMC Parts Manual. Do you have a link to the Parts Manual . . . or a Hard Copy ?
You can also enter "water tank" in the SEARCH Feature of this website.
I'll send you some pictures I saved from some one else that had their front tank out.
Lou #120

Edited by hemi354az 2022-11-13 12:33 PM
rwmay3
Posted 2022-11-13 6:28 PM (#8120 - in reply to #8119)

Contributor

Thanks. I see the tank drawings in the parts manual but can't find a description of lengths, widths, heights of the tank in order to have a custom build or order a 'close enough' size from Tank Mart.
rwmay3
Posted 2022-11-13 10:07 PM (#8121 - in reply to #8120)

Contributor

Thanks for the pics Louis, looks like the front tank was meant to sit in what looks like a protective box made of fiberglass. Not sure how to replicate the box (or if I even need to), but will come up with something one way or the other.
andy1canada
Posted 2022-12-09 6:05 PM (#8122 - in reply to #8117)
Subject: RE: Water tank dimensions?

Elite Veteran

Howdy,
Sorry I didn't see this before. Did you sort it out? I think I responded to a Fbook group post on this subject; are you the same fellow?

Regardless, did you get it sorted out? I've been pounding through the exact same thing you're going through. Bought a hot-air plastic welder and a 4x8 x 1/4" sheet of HDPE (puckboard) plastic to weld up a new one. I ignored the pointy' front of the OEM unit design and have cut out all the pieces I need to weld it when I can get time to do it.

I wouldn't recommend buying/using an OEM unit as they are way too old to be trusted not to leak and it's quiet a job to get this all in there so it works right with the other tankage.

If you weld it or get someone else to do it - make sure you put baffles in it.

Hope to hear how you made/make out.

Terry
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)