Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Forum Help -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Photo size settings
Moderators: jevans

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Forum HelpMessage format

Duramaxer
Posted 2009-08-28 7:00 AM (#687)
Subject: Photo size settings

Jim
I have been experiencing a change in how large files the photo uppload accepts. I belive it used to be 400kb, it has been 300kb and now I have to stay under 200Kb, 2oo kb i just enough I think, and I will of course adapt and adjust to any settings. But i just would like you to know and aslo the message shown when uploading still says 400kb.

Also there is this thing that i can not click directly to the gallery frm the front page. When clicking the gallery-link I'm redirected to the forum every first time. Same thing happens when I cut and paste url to make a hyperlink to the gallery from lets say my own webpage.

Thank you
Kjetil
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2009-08-28 10:40 AM (#691 - in reply to #687)
Subject: Re: Photo size settings

I have noticed the same thing when posting pictures of the last two rallies. My automatic photo downsizing program doesn't always make it under the 200kb limit.
Duramaxer
Posted 2009-08-28 2:22 PM (#692 - in reply to #691)

Stephen
I use a freeware called "FastStone photo resizer". Check it out if you want a very easy program to use when posting in forums or making thumbnails.

Stay cool
Kjetil
jevans
Posted 2009-08-28 2:31 PM (#693 - in reply to #687)

Hey guys,

I double checked the settings, and nothing has changed on the forum that I can see.

However, I went and checked our space allocation and we've filled the 250 meg we purchased three years ago. I thought it would last longer, and considered our space 'virtually unlimited'.

We will have to talk with the board about what direction to take from here.
Duramaxer
Posted 2009-08-28 3:29 PM (#695 - in reply to #693)

If the space is limited then my galleries takes up to much space and you shuold consider if the space that I'm using better be available to other users. I can move my "blogging" to www.fmcmotorcoach.com where I pay for hoasting allready and still have a lot of space. Just let me know, no hard feelings ;-) If so I hope we kan make som nice links both ways.

Stay cool
Kjetil
jevans
Posted 2009-08-31 8:52 AM (#717 - in reply to #695)

Ah ha. I haven't been paying attention. You have two albums, one has 117 photos, the other has 85. So, yes, you are using more than your fair share of space :-)

No feelings involved, and I enjoy seeing the progress on your restoration, but can we reduce the amount of coverage?

I plan to increase our hosting plan for more space, but I don't think many visitors are going to page thru your two hundred photos here.

Thanks!
jevans
Posted 2009-08-28 2:35 PM (#694 - in reply to #687)

oh, the gallery link from home page: I noticed that recently, related to 'checking cookies' and whether you are logged in or not..

I will research some more as time allows...
jevans
Posted 2009-08-31 8:25 AM (#716 - in reply to #694)

The redirect thingy is fixed. Links from email, and the gallery link from home page or other websites, should now behave as expected. Let me know if you find otherwise!

Regards
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2009-08-28 8:10 PM (#696 - in reply to #687)

I do think the photos need to be on this site for the broadest audience. I do know a number of people have viewed and keep track of the progress as it has been discussed at rallies. Having them on www.fmcmotorcoach.com also is a good idea as well.
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2009-08-31 9:13 AM (#718 - in reply to #687)

Actually, Jim, a number of us have paged through all of the pictures a number of times.

I would hope that all of the pictures could be retained. I have learned a lot about the innards of my coach without taking the fiberglass panels off by looking at the detail of his rebuild. As others post pictures, his "share" will diminish on a relative basis as the greatest amount of work has now been completed. I am looking forward to the rest of Kjetil's pictures.

Pictures can say so much more than words it is important to have as many as possible. Since FMC owners are scattered, the best way to "look" at something is to do so via someone else's pictures that visit the same area or topic that we need information about.
jevans
Posted 2009-08-31 3:54 PM (#719 - in reply to #687)

Ok, I retract my suggestion. I have permission from Bill to increase our site allocation (and fees) and will get that done this week.
Clugston
Posted 2009-08-31 4:25 PM (#720 - in reply to #719)

I agree, I enjoy looking at the albums (I have actually lookedat some several times) and recognizing more and more people as we go to more rallys. I have tons of pictures but I don't know how ro put them on.

I espically like the photos of members with their coach and name and location below. It helps with recognition. Maybe we could get one of all the memberts and post them together?

Lynn
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)