Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Rally Information -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

West Coast Winter Rally - Feb 13-14
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Rally InformationMessage format

BigRabbitMan
Posted 2015-12-24 10:45 AM (#3280)
Subject: West Coast Winter Rally - Feb 13-14

Expert

The date and location of the 2016 West Coast Winter Rally has been set.  It will be Feb 13-14, 2016 at Flying Flags RV Park in Buellton, CA.  The location is about an hour north of Santa Barbara and three hours south of the San Francisco bay area.  We have had rallies at this location before and it has been very good as the park is nice and there are a number of things to do in the local area.  While the official dates of the rally are the 13-14 some of use will be arriving early and/or staying later.  Plan to attend as I expect that there will be a couple of interesting coaches to view at the rally.  In the event that your coach is inoperable, plan to attend anyway as you can come for the day or stay in one of the cabins or vintage trailers that are available for rent.  There will be more details posted later.

Here is a link to the parks website: htpp://www.flyingflags.com 

For more information contact Greg Miller at gregmiller@pobox.com  Reservations are to be made directly with the park for the days that you will be there.

I will see you there,

Top of the page Bottom of the page
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2016-01-03 11:57 AM (#3288 - in reply to #3280)
Subject: Re: West Coast Winter Rally - Feb 13-14

Expert

The following email is the confirmation of the arrangements for the West Coast Winter Rally Feb 12-14, 2016 in Buellton, CA. As Greg states, the rates are higher than what we have historically paid but this is an upscale park in an ideal location for access from both Northern and Southern CA and other states. There are also many things to do in the area as well. You can explore those things via the park's website. Please make your reservations soon so that you will be in one of the limited number of reserved sites. Once those are taken, you will be placed elsewhere in the park. I will be coming from Oregon in FMC 1046 so this will be its first rally since "the dieselfication of 1046" was completed.

We are official at Flying Flags:

Call Flying Flags RV Resort at 805-688-3716 or Toll Free: 877-783-5247.
Tell them you are with the "FMC Rally” group and they will place you with the group.
Make reservations for the weekend of February 12-14 (plus any extra nights you want).

I reserved a Super-duper Premium Site with BBQ and Firepit. Others can just be their normal “Premium” site. This place is not cheap, but it is very nice. We will be in the new section of the park and not far from the cool Airstreams you can rent or the Cottages that are also for rent.

http://www.flyingflags.com

We will be along Thor street, I believe.

Greg Miller
831-338-1121
gregmiller@pobox.com

Remember to make your reservations by calling rather than via the website so that you will be placed with the FMC group. Please note that in the event your FMC is not up to traveling, you can still reserve one of the Airstream trailers or a cabin and attend the complete rally. Making the effort to attend the rally is important as you will get to meet or see again other FMC owners. It is often at these rallies that helpful pieces of information get exchanged between members of the FMC community. This exchange of ideas and information helps us all with our individual coaches. We also welcome visitors that can only come for the day. If that is you, plan to come early and stay as late as possible.

My last request is that once you have made your reservation, please let either Greg or myself ( Stephen@Heinrichs.com ) know that you have made your reservation. That is a great help to those helping to organize the rally. If you have any questions, please call or email either Greg or myself.

See you at the rally,
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2016-01-17 5:02 PM (#3298 - in reply to #3280)

Expert

It is time to make your reservation with Flying Flags so that you will be sited with the group and not somewhere else in the park. Additionally, as the time of the rally approaches the park will be asking us to release any uncommitted sites of the ones reserved. We have people coming in the their coaches (best!) and some coming for the day and some coming and staying in nearby motels: all to be a part of the rally which is both enjoyable and educational. Figure out what is doable for you, and then make your reservation and let either Greg Miller or I (Stephen@Heinrichs.com or 916-425-7996) know so that we can plan.

Under the education heading, Frank Freda FMC 79, will be presenting a seminar on Saturday from 2-4 pm on a system that he has developed to replace worn out sliding window felts. It is a major departure in methodology and will not be for everyone, but it is inexpensive and works. Many people have inquired about window felts as many are needing to be replaced due to weathering. If Frank's system will work for you, it will solve a long term maintenance problem. As part of the seminar, he will be actually installing the system in a window of a coach that is at the rally. Come and see how it is done up close and in person!

See you there,
hemi354az
Posted 2016-01-18 9:50 PM (#3299 - in reply to #3280)
Subject: RE: West Coast Winter Rally - Feb 13-14

Extreme Veteran

I probably will not make the upcoming Rally. Any one coming or going thru Phoenix Aridzona is WELCOME and ENCOURAGED to stop by for a visit,
Have fun everyone ! Lou #120
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2016-01-20 7:00 PM (#3307 - in reply to #3280)

Expert

The rally is starting to come together. At present, we have 5 coaches coming and four others will be there for one or more days without their coach. Those will either be visiting for the day or staying at one of several nearby motels. There are others that are still in the "deciding" phase! It is time to make your reservation.

See you there,
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2016-01-21 6:34 PM (#3308 - in reply to #3280)

Expert

I just checked with Flying Flags RV Park and at this point the entire park is full. One can get put on a waiting list for any vacancy that may open up as a result of a cancellation. That leaves the only way to attend is to stay at some other location and join those of us in the park for the rally itself.
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2016-02-11 6:05 PM (#3328 - in reply to #3308)

Expert

With the arrival of coach 1046, the West Coast Rally has officially begun!  While I have attended many rallies in the past five years, this is the first rally for coach 1046 in that time period. The weather is beautiful and I am looking forward to seeing a number of old friends this weekend. I well see each of you at a future rally. 
LCAC_Man
Posted 2016-02-12 7:05 AM (#3329 - in reply to #3328)

Elite Veteran

Take some good pictures and post them up! Starting in 2017 you should see 1027 show up at some of these rallies..
LCAC_Man
Posted 2016-02-17 4:33 PM (#3337 - in reply to #3329)

Elite Veteran

No pictures?....maybe it didn't happen.
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2016-02-17 5:06 PM (#3338 - in reply to #3337)

Expert

LCAC_Man - 2016-02-17 2:33 PM No pictures?....maybe it didn't happen.

Oh yes, it happened!! A great time was had by the eleven people that were there. Pictures were taken but I have just gotten home and other things come first.  I will create an album and provide the link here when it is done. I had hoped that you could drive up and stay at a nearby motel for a night as some others did but it didn't happen. That is how I attended most rallies while my coach was out of comission.

I would have liked to have gotten your input on some things I still need to do to my coach.  One of the actions taken at the meeting we held was to schedule the next rallies for the West Coast group.  There will be one in early Fall in northern Oregon and one in early next year in San Dimas, CA.  

Additional information will be post on this site later and in the next newsletter.  

LCAC_Man
Posted 2016-02-17 6:21 PM (#3339 - in reply to #3338)

Elite Veteran

I couldn't afford to loose the time on the project, a 3 day weekend is a lot of production! I'm still trying to stick to having it running in April!
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2016-02-17 6:52 PM (#3340 - in reply to #3280)

Expert

If you are running in April, you can go to the MO rally in June.
LCAC_Man
Posted 2016-02-17 7:22 PM (#3341 - in reply to #3340)

Elite Veteran

"Running" as in engine running...."driving" will be well into May. First local weekend "get the bugs out" trips will be in June(I hope). The early fall in Oregon is a possibility.
dkarnath
Posted 2016-02-18 8:46 AM (#3343 - in reply to #3341)

Elite Veteran

The early fall Oregon trip may be possibility for me too. I can't wait to see these Duramaxed beasts
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)