Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Trader's Market -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trader's MarketMessage format

nymeria
Posted 2017-05-11 1:46 PM (#4621)
Subject: #948

Contributor

Just talked to the guy that is selling #948 in Surrey British Columbia. I am posting a link. When I asked him a few questions and mentioned that one just sold for $8000 Canadian on Vancouver Island he got pissed and hung up on me, lol. Oh well.
http://www.rvt.com/FMC-J335-1976-Surrey-BC-ID7469072-UX186126
Top of the page Bottom of the page
dkarnath
Posted 2017-05-11 3:00 PM (#4622 - in reply to #4621)
Subject: Re: #948

Elite Veteran

The add says 16 AND/OR 12k for money?
nymeria
Posted 2017-05-11 3:03 PM (#4623 - in reply to #4621)

Contributor

Ya I think it's $16000 Canadian and $12000 US
nymeria
Posted 2017-05-11 3:20 PM (#4624 - in reply to #4621)

Contributor

Just talked to the guy again. Said it's a salvage title, in British Columbia the equates to a headache and extra money and reregistration for insurance. It apparently had a crushed roof at one point. He didn't mention wham or how. He got it at auction last month. I think he's looking to turn a quick profit on some poor unknowing person.
hemi354az
Posted 2017-05-11 6:38 PM (#4625 - in reply to #4623)

Extreme Veteran

USD means US DOLLARS.

Wonder what Terry (#846) thinks about it. He lives on Vancouver Isle.
Caveat emptor ON ! Lou #120
Duramaxer
Posted 2017-05-12 6:28 AM (#4630 - in reply to #4625)

Veteran

I dont know anything about the salvage tittle thing. But think this Coach looks quite tidy, and sure would be pissed of too if someone wasted my time telling me another Coach was up for sale by this or that, if I was to sell #477 :-)

Stay cool

Kjetil
#477 Norway
nymeria
Posted 2017-05-12 11:27 AM (#4632 - in reply to #4630)

Contributor

I see your point, but please don't take what I said above as personal. You have to have the whole context to make judgement.
nymeria
Posted 2017-05-12 11:49 AM (#4633 - in reply to #4632)

Contributor

For example, as mentioned it was bought a month ago at auction. First question I asked was how it drove? The answer I got was, "it started in my driveway" so I deducted that based on that it didn't drive away from the auction.
Every question I asked was either side stepped, a vague answer or disingenuous.
#509 for sale last month was a tidy coach, a few minor issues. Like an exhaust leak, or a busted carb on the Onan generator. But it was all disclosed by the seller and it was 1/2 the price.
So based on that comparison is what I have to go with.
nymeria
Posted 2017-05-12 12:01 PM (#4634 - in reply to #4630)

Contributor

A salvage title in this case, means that this vehicle has been "written off" or no longer road worthy, by the insurance corporation of British Columbia. It means that at one point it was damaged beyond what an insurance adjuster deemed its value inclusive total was.
To be able to insure this vehicle for use in the future is a whole lot of red tape and inspections and proof of accredited repairs. (No DIY).
You can still buy these type of vehicles at ICBC auctions, typically for parts only. And for cheap. My guess is he didn't pay more the $4000 for this FMC.
hemi354az
Posted 2017-05-12 12:53 PM (#4635 - in reply to #4634)

Extreme Veteran

nymeria,
Did you buy FMC #509 ? Or are you still shopping ? On Vancouver Isle only ?
In general, I DO NOT GET BETWEEN BUYER AND SELLER, or make recommendations one way or the other about ANY FMC that is or is NOT For Sale.
I don't run down or talk up some vehicle that I have no financial interest in, especially in a Public Forum. That is NONE OF MY BUSINESS.
There are a number of FMCs running (or have "operational potential") and even fewer For Sale, as they are already 40 years old.
While the FMC has certain features that appeal to me . . . it is not an Icon of the RV/MH History . . . but one of at least 50 or more Manufacturers from the 60s, 70s, and even 80s, that are no longer in the MH business.
There is certainly enough information, pictures, stories good and bad, and opinions good and bad, here and on the - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FMCMotorCoach/info - website, and Kjetils - http://www.fmcmotorcoach.com/index.html - website to help you evaluate any FMC that is For Sale.
When you BUY the one you want, I will be pleased to help you with it's care and feeding, if i can. Perhaps other FMC Owners feel the same.

There are Salvage Title Vehicles here in the USA as well, sold as is where is. I am unaware of Insurance restrictions in the USA that you describe for British Columbia, ie.,Proof of Accredited Repairs.
There are Insurance Companies like Haggerty that might insure a Canadian Salvage Title Motor Home, but doubt if pricing would be affordable for North America Coverage as you have mentioned driving in Canada, the USA, and Mexico. I remember from the 70s that travel in Mexico required Mexican Insurance which was iffy at best. Maybe NAFTA changed all that.

Caveat emptor !
Lou #120

Edited by hemi354az 2017-05-12 1:17 PM
nymeria
Posted 2017-05-12 1:12 PM (#4636 - in reply to #4635)

Contributor

I am still looking, unfortunately the timing didn't work out for #509. I am open to travel for the right coach, as their are only a handful in Canada.
I do believe that I got emotionally involved with this latest find, and should have posted it as a link only in the "Traders Market" for the purpose of information only.

LCAC_Man
Posted 2017-05-12 9:24 PM (#4637 - in reply to #4621)

Elite Veteran

In many states, if you want to get "full coverage/collision" insurance on a salvage title vehicle you have to have a notarized state "safety inspection" form. If you just want liability insurance or if you get an "agreed value" policy that usually isn't required...as you'd expect, each state has a variation of these requirements.. For a 40yr vehicle a salvage title falls directly in the "who cares" column (in my book). Any coach (regardless of title status) would have to be in damn good shape to rate that sales price.
nymeria
Posted 2017-05-12 11:10 PM (#4639 - in reply to #4621)

Contributor

Hi there, In British Columbia Canada, where the coach is located their is only one option. And that is the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia. ICBC. It is a government owned corporation or what is also known here as a crown corporation. They are the gate keepers to all the rules and regulations and their is no alternative options. In this case, this coach as I mentioned would have to go through some jumps and hoops, before it could be on the road. Not with standing anything else one might encounter with it.
dkarnath
Posted 2017-05-16 10:08 AM (#4644 - in reply to #4639)

Elite Veteran

A lot of people who buy vehicles site unseen off the web lose. Yes, they should have a pre-purchase inspection done, but from what I see/read, that doesn't always happen. Anything for sale on the WWW is fair game as far as I am concerned. If their are any negatives that someone points out on a particular rig for sale, I think it's saving someone out there a possible headache...Everything eventually sells regardless. As long as gas prices don't go up to 7 bucks a gallon, FMC's will continue appreciate. They will never lose unless it costs a small fortune to operate one...It already costs a small fortune to operate one? Who am I kidding? ha
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)