Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Trader's Market -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Window screens needed
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trader's MarketMessage format

Greinle
Posted 2020-12-26 11:44 PM (#7658)
Subject: Window screens needed

Contributor

Hi group.
I’m the new owner of coach #1014 and I’m in need of the curb door window screen and bathroom window screen if anyone has them. May also need help troubleshooting the dash tank gauges as none are lighting up. Will definitely need support throughout this transition as a new owner. Thanks, Glenn
Top of the page Bottom of the page
andy1canada
Posted 2020-12-27 9:29 AM (#7659 - in reply to #7658)
Subject: Re: Window screens needed

Elite Veteran

Welcome Glenn,

You'll find lots of good people on here to help you. There's also a Facebook group now, too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/180207095371053/about

I see you've already put a wanted-post in the Traders Market section so that's covered, too.

Do you have a hard copy of the FMC Parts & Service manuals? If not you'll find most of their contents here: http://www.fmcmotorcoach.com/

I'm not too hot with the tank level gauges. I do know that if scum gets built up inside the tanks it can effect continuity readings. You might try the 'douche the tanks with bleach thing' as (IMHO) it's a good idea to disinfect the entire water system regardless. Bleach can/will usually remove any build-up coatings inside any of the tanks. First check there's no hidden water filter hiding in a cabinet somewhere in case there's a foosty old cartridge in there. I usually put about 2-3 cups of bleach (5% chlorox) in a gallon or two of water then pour that into the potable water tank(s) then fill them with water. Once full, run all the faucets for a few seconds each, then top off the water tanks again. Fill your grey & black water tanks also with the same solution then take the coach out for a good spin around the block a few times. Do a lot of swerving around and hammering on the brakes suddenly - neighbours will think you're drunk but don't worry - to get all that solution sloshing around in them tanks. Then let the coach sit over night. Next day drain & refill the potable water tanks a couple of times and that will rid the tanks of the chlorine taste and give the system a good flush. This may not solve your gauge issue but you'll have a clean safe water system. You might also consider a water filter system if there's not one there already.

Good luck and enjoy your coach!

Terry
Greinle
Posted 2020-12-27 8:46 PM (#7660 - in reply to #7658)
Subject: Re: Window screens needed

Contributor

Thanks Andy!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software