Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1974 FMC 2900R
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> DiscussionMessage format

Ricky
Posted 2022-01-09 3:20 PM (#7988)
Subject: 1974 FMC 2900R

(75.175.73.14)
Hello,
My name is Corrina and I have an FMC I need to sell. I'm in need of help due to the fact that my husband knew all about it, bought it and was working on it. I know next to nothing. My husband got sick and passed away and I have no idea what to do with it, how much it's worth or the proper way to sell it. If anyone can give me some direction, I would greatly appreciate it. All I know is that it's an 8 cylinder. He had it running at one time, though not very well. It also needs brake work. There is some mold in spots around the back windows and the back of the counter shows signs of being wet. I have no idea if that was repaired before he bought it. He led me to believe that it has no leaks. I have all the manuals and paperwork. We both fell in love with it, but with him gone, I cannot keep it. I would be thankful for any help anyone can give me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
andy1canada
Posted 2022-01-09 5:00 PM (#7989 - in reply to #7988)
Subject: RE: 1974 FMC 2900R

(207.102.233.105)
Hi Corrina,

Sorry for your loss.

Struck a chord with me as I'm nearly 66 and my coach is still in the midst of an engine swap. Would suck if my wife had to deal with trying to finish this up.

This Forum used to see a lot more traffic then it does now with the advent of the Facebook FMC Group. Sad, really as there's a lot of hard-core FMC people who used to frequent these pages and are mostly absent now.

I'd recommend you put your ask out there, too. You may have to join the group in order to post, but you may find interest there.

Look here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/180207095371053/?multi_permalinks=49...

Also, on this Forum there's also a 'Traders Market' section where you should put your post.

http://www.fmcowners.com/mbbs22/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=35

A couple of points for you to consider when selling an FMC:

- project coaches, not driveable, typically fetch anywhere between $1000 - $5000/USD depending on how much love it needs to get it roadworthy.

- if the coach runs, drives and stops well, has good glass all around and is in decent shape in and out (ie. good dash, functioning appliances, good upholstery, and decent exterior paint), you should be in the $10/K - $20/K ballpark.

Also, if you have 6 or more aluminum Alcoa wheels on the coach; add $3000 - $3500 more to the ask, regardless of condition.

Good luck in your journey.

Terry
Ricky
Posted 2022-01-09 6:13 PM (#7990 - in reply to #7988)
Subject: Re: 1974 FMC 2900R

(75.175.73.14)
Thank you so much
andy1canada
Posted 2022-01-10 12:04 PM (#7991 - in reply to #7988)
Subject: Re: 1974 FMC 2900R

(207.102.233.105)
You're welcome.

Also forgot: Post as many pictures as you can. Oh, I almost forgot again... post as many pics as you can.

Did I mention about pictures?

:-o

Terry
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)