Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Mechanic's Corner -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Master Cylinder Push Rod
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Mechanic's CornerMessage format

tlev
Posted 2022-01-17 1:57 PM (#7996)
Subject: Master Cylinder Push Rod

Contributor

Hello all, I have (hopefully) attached a picture of the master cylinder push rod I just removed. I don't think this is the correct part and I was hoping someone out there can tell by looking at it.

The service manual shows a straight rod and this one is bent a full 90 degrees at the pin end and slightly on the rod end. Also the service manual shows the pin inserted from the passenger's side and this one was inserted from the drivers side. I suspect that this rod was replaced with the wrong one at some point in the past and I'd like to replace it with the correct part.

Back Story: The rod bound up in the master cylinder when the pedal went all the way to floor (which I know doesn't normally happen, but I'm trying to recover this unit after sitting for 20 years and there's obviously a blown wheel cylinder or hose somewhere which caused the fluid to leak out so the pedal went to the floor) Anyway, I couldn't extract the master cylinder as the rod was bound up inside and I couldn't extract the 5/8" pin on the brake pedal end as it was rusted in place so I built a puller and was able to break the master cylinder free from the rod (a new one is on order). Then I removed the whole brake pedal assembly and used a press to remove the rusted pin.

As always your help is much appreciated.

Many Thanks!

(master cylinder push rod.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments master cylinder push rod.JPG (165KB - 86 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tlev
Posted 2022-01-18 7:21 PM (#7997 - in reply to #7996)
Subject: Re: Master Cylinder Push Rod

Contributor

Trying again with the picture upload. Shortened the file name
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2022-01-18 7:31 PM (#7998 - in reply to #7996)

Expert

Best way to do pictures on this site is to create an Album in the Photo Album section then put the pictures there. Then add you add pictures you can put a description of the photo and put a link in your forum post. Then all of your pictures will be in one place and we can follow your project.
tlev
Posted 2022-01-18 7:42 PM (#7999 - in reply to #7996)

Contributor

Trying again with the picture upload. Shortened the file name

(mcpr.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments mcpr.JPG (165KB - 8 downloads)
tlev
Posted 2022-01-18 8:05 PM (#8000 - in reply to #7999)

Contributor

Yeah, the short file name didn't work either. Thanks Stephen. I created an album and here's the link to the pushrod pic. I'll get this figured out !

http://www.fmcowners.com/mbbs22/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=229&p...
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2022-01-18 9:53 PM (#8001 - in reply to #7996)

Expert

You are correct, that is not the correct push rod which makes everything else in the brake system suspect. Your would have originally had the small break system. But given what you found, things have been changed but we don’t know which ones. Start by checking your hydrovacs to see if your have the small ones (original to your coach) our the large ones. After that is determined, the proper master cylinder can be determined and after that, the proper push rod can be identified.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)