Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Previous owners
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> DiscussionMessage format

hal
Posted 2022-05-24 8:23 PM (#8052)
Subject: Previous owners

(174.28.190.84)
I just thought I'd comment on a subject which usually is brought up in negative terms, namely the 'Previous Owner'. I seldom hear a positive reference about these former caretakers but I have to say that my experience with 669 is pretty much the opposite. Its seems the two previous owners took a lot of pride in ownership and tried to keep everything up to date. The original owner had it serviced constantly, changing oil within 2000 miles with many, many service records to take care of the smallest details. Although the gentleman we purchased 669 from was unable to enjoy traveling in her for the last 20 years because of health issues you could see the pride he took in ownership. In his 5 or so years enjoying traveling in it he managed to collect quite a few spare parts,ie windshields and seals, brake boosters, manifolds etc,etc. From the interior furnishings to the DOT 5 fluid in the brakes and very few electric wire butchering, you can see they cared for the coach.
Of course it is by no means perfect but where are you going to find any vehicle 47 years old that is. It will be a fun project hopefully making for a unique ride. I look forward to the challange.
Hal

Edited by hal 2022-05-24 8:26 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2022-05-24 10:18 PM (#8053 - in reply to #8052)
Subject: Re: Previous owners

(71.95.117.110)
That is good news. Besides the conversion to a Duramax, I hope leave my coach in much better condition and with upgraded features than it was/had when I purchased it in late 1999.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)