Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum -> Albums -> View Album

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LCAC_Man #1027 LBZ Duramax Conversion
Author: LCAC_Man (Show all albums)

This album will cover the Duramax/Allison conversion(including dash cluster integration), installation of airbags to assist suspension, conversion of vacuum brakes to Hydroboost, replacement of Onan gas generator with a Onan/Cummins 5500LP, inverter/charger installation, dual roof a/c installation, and Bedroom reconfiguration that will add "pass-thru" storage.
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First461 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39]


thinning out the existing FMC wiring that used to control the old drive train, also testing each of those wires to be sure they are in good shape. I also repurposed a couple for additional brake switch signals and kept a couple as reserves. The rest that are hanging will be stripped out.


this will fill up quick as I bring in the duramax conductors, using Dinkle DIN rail terminations and a large battery buss bar at the bottom.


what a beast, after looking at all that needed to be done in the dash area, and crimes that both RVS and Previous Owners committed it had to come off. It will also be much easier to integrate the Silverado cluster now


(2 Comments)
a view that most owners will never see, I spent about 30 minutes just vacuuming out corn kernels and other varmint remnants. Also believe that the drivers door window must have been broken out at some time as there was a lot of glass up there.


(2 Comments)
much better access to the power station, all circuit breakers vice fuses that were used in the earlier rigs(and mounted in a different spot)


testing existing circuits revealed a faulty Accessory Buss Relay, when I found it it was obvious that a water leak had killed it.


source of the water leak, you can see the fitting is cracked and the hose is loose, water would run along the bottom of the hose and dripped right on the accessory relay.


access will help for new throttle pedal install, bcm integration trailer brake controller, tow brake system, air control system, rear view camera and re-configuring of lighting (probably more I'm forgetting)


and I have to patch up the hack job that RVS did installing the Hydraulic Throttle control..


had to get the upper air bag mounts burned in so that I could route wiring and brake lines. the chrome tube just mimics the inflated height of the bag so that I have a target to use for the lower mount (still working that out)


(3 Comments)
Last remnants of the RVS hack job of the hydraulic throttle installation removed. They had beat the floor down to match their poor fit up of the pocket that it sat in so it took me an extra hour to straighten the floor back up before welding in the patch.


Silverado throttle pedal mounted, I played with position for awhile to be sure it was at a natural/comfortable height and angle.
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First461 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39]

Return to viewing all photo albums



Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)