Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum -> Albums -> View Album

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LCAC_Man #1027 LBZ Duramax Conversion
Author: LCAC_Man (Show all albums)

This album will cover the Duramax/Allison conversion(including dash cluster integration), installation of airbags to assist suspension, conversion of vacuum brakes to Hydroboost, replacement of Onan gas generator with a Onan/Cummins 5500LP, inverter/charger installation, dual roof a/c installation, and Bedroom reconfiguration that will add "pass-thru" storage.
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First461 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39]


(2 Comments)
I used the factory mount bracket and cut a 20dg backside miter wedge out of the two upper mount tab positions(rewelded on the inside), then reshaped the lower mount to match them. I used the aluminum plate to better load spread and it made transferring the hole pattern a lot easier.


Fuse Block and computers reinstalled (I painted the area out with some high solids marine topside paint), they should be in for good now.


Routed the fuse block and data conductors into the new interface box, still a lot of work to do here, I'll be bringing in Class 2 data cable to tie in the body control module, throttle pedal and dash cluster up front. I'll also be installing a few relays for fans and fuel lift pump control.


Since I'm moving forward with the wiring it was time to make some room, existing engine driven a/c system will be completely removed.


(2 Comments)
Cavernous space for large house batteries, inverter/charger and remote hydroboost brake system.


(2 Comments)
Another RVS hack job, this time on the drivers front lift system mount,so poorly done it nearly bent right into the drag link... it was only installed with two half tightened 5/16" bolts..


Painted and assembled the remote hydroboost system. This set up uses a clutch slave cylinder to actuate the hydraboost (vice the brake pedal pushrod)


Cut out vacuum booster mounts and made new for the hydroboost assembly.


Nice fit in this area and it should be easy to route lines to.


(2 Comments)
This is the real reason I went with spot, I didn't even know there was an access plate in the floor! will make servicing/bleeding a lot easier.


Jerked the Thermo-King out this morning, it was just to much of a PITA to try and strip the evap coil out of it in place.


Here it is with the evap coil removed and most of the rat droppings cleaned off/in. It also allowed me to pull the 40yr old heater hoses of the heater core. The hose clamps still had the factory assembly sealant on them showing that they were tight..
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First461 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39]

Return to viewing all photo albums



Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)