Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum -> Albums -> View Album

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LCAC_Man #1027 LBZ Duramax Conversion
Author: LCAC_Man (Show all albums)

This album will cover the Duramax/Allison conversion(including dash cluster integration), installation of airbags to assist suspension, conversion of vacuum brakes to Hydroboost, replacement of Onan gas generator with a Onan/Cummins 5500LP, inverter/charger installation, dual roof a/c installation, and Bedroom reconfiguration that will add "pass-thru" storage.
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First461 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39]

still need to finish the fuel tank vent and pcv breather catch can install off one of the intercooler pipes

this intake hose used up all my's a super tight fit and not easy to get both hands on...thankfully it's not something I'll have to remove again unless something really bad happens..

still need to put a water shield over the PCM and TCM but this area should remain open as I moved the batteries to the bedroom

dash cluster needed new stepper motors but now all is working well...engine MIL light!

engine and generator exhaust installed and muffler heat shield in place.

wrapped both the engine and generator sense sucking that heat through the radiator.

hard to see but the fuel cooler is installed just above the trans cross member .. a relief that all these new cooler hoses/fittings didn't leak a drip! temp battery cut out installed until I figure out where to put the new one permanently

engine oil cooler fan still needs to be wired

hoses still need to be properly clamped/secured.

New position for the water fill, the opening under the dash has been patched and covered in new spray foam.

The Perko angled water fills all come with a vent that I cut off, they are also only available in 1.5" diameter so I used a silicone 1.5" x 1" reducer to get it down to the stock hose size. I had found when doing this project that the fill fittings at the tank were disconnected, and further inspection show that they had overtighted the hose clamp there and cracked the barb fitting. All new barb fittings and 1.25"NPT tank fitting installed.

Here's the new fill from outside. The Perko fill assy is nicely made with a good oring seal on the cap.
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First461 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39]

Return to viewing all photo albums

Go to HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)