|You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )|
|LCAC_Man #1027 LBZ Duramax Conversion|
|Author: LCAC_Man (Show all albums)|
This album will cover the Duramax/Allison conversion(including dash cluster integration), installation of airbags to assist suspension, conversion of vacuum brakes to Hydroboost, replacement of Onan gas generator with a Onan/Cummins 5500LP, inverter/charger installation, dual roof a/c installation, and Bedroom reconfiguration that will add "pass-thru" storage.
after a little more tuning it's a perfect match..
Passenger side structural/anti-sag modification complete along with the "Foam it Green" spray foam insulation
I put this off longer than I should have...I'm committed now.
I used a small skin saw blade on my die grinder to make the cuts, it was a mess but produced a nice cut and didn't chip up the edges of the gelcoat.
Offset location was a must, I wasn't willing to cut the center roof line support and I didn't want to be banging my head on the control/duct assy every time I got out of my seat.
Rather than wood I used overlapping pieces of 1"x2" aluminum angle. This worked really well and made duplicating the roof panel angle a breeze. I was lucky when cutting to just miss a bundle of wires and the CB antenna wire went right through that spot but I'm eliminating that antenna anyways. A good 6hrs of work start to finish (clean up was an hour of it).
While I was waiting for the paint on the roof to dry I went at installing my new rub rail moulding
This is the Taco Metals V12-0303BKA70 with 1/16" removed from the interior "wings". The fit is excellent but extremely tight, there is no pulling it from one end to the other, you have to do it inch by inch.
Time to excise the wart..
my genius device of the week...I wonder if I can patent the "RV Roof Elevator"..
Long term project will be to paint the entire roof, but for now I just wanted to get the areas under the new A/C units done...I think I'm just going to clear that shower vent with the new unit..
Had to remove the CB antenna as it was in the real estate of the new A/C, I'll install a base for one in a more accessible area and just remove and stow the antenna while driving. I used Rust-Oleum marine topside boat paint, stuff is tough as nails and I've had great results with it in previous projects.
|Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software|
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software
|(Delete all cookies set by this site)|