Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum -> Albums -> View Album

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LCAC_Man #1027 LBZ Duramax Conversion
Author: LCAC_Man (Show all albums)

This album will cover the Duramax/Allison conversion(including dash cluster integration), installation of airbags to assist suspension, conversion of vacuum brakes to Hydroboost, replacement of Onan gas generator with a Onan/Cummins 5500LP, inverter/charger installation, dual roof a/c installation, and Bedroom reconfiguration that will add "pass-thru" storage.
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First461 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39]

I used pieces from the original rear swing out tire carrier and some scrap I had laying around. Largest expense was the turnbuckles that I got from McMaster Carr.

Spent more time messing with "how low and how close?" than anything else. I didn't want it so close to the body that any impact would cause damage.

I'm pretty happy with the results, thanks to the turnbuckles it's very rigid, and it's still low enough that I can get it on and off without a step up. Waiting on my new spare tire cover to arrive.

I had to do a full disassembly of my furnace due to a mud-dobber wasp infestation, they nearly filled up the blower housing.

While cleaning I discovered the blower motor was seized so I installed a new one ($70 off ebay for a replacement).

All cleaned up and reassembled. This is a Suburban model NT-30SP, 30kbtu input, 22kbtu output. Appears to be a 1990 model that was only used by the wasp for a hotel..

looking through the history of my coach I found multiple reports of plumbing/drain leaks, and the previous owner was told the shower enclosure was the problem so I dropped the gray tank to take a look

pretty easy to see where the leak was, a good sanding and cleaning then a nice coat of JB Weld will have this back to water tight..

So much for being lucky with only one burst pipe, all told there were 5 burst in the cold side and both the hot and cold drain valve bodies were cracked..

Oh...and the toilet was cracked I had enough and it all came out..

Since I had pretty much everything out I figured a coat of paint on the deck would clean it up nice...still need a second coat but it's a huge improvement.

New water pump and accumulator are tucked up on the fender well, I'll be using Red/Blue PEX tube to replace all the removed copper.
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First461 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39]

Return to viewing all photo albums

Go to HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)