|You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )|
|LCAC_Man #1027 LBZ Duramax Conversion|
|Author: LCAC_Man (Show all albums)|
This album will cover the Duramax/Allison conversion(including dash cluster integration), installation of airbags to assist suspension, conversion of vacuum brakes to Hydroboost, replacement of Onan gas generator with a Onan/Cummins 5500LP, inverter/charger installation, dual roof a/c installation, and Bedroom reconfiguration that will add "pass-thru" storage.
I had to remove the floor under the toilet and the heater duct so that I could get all the old stuff out (and remove the last remnants of the rat hotel).
Just FYI, the shower valves were installed before the walls were closed up, getting them off(I had to cut the valve in half) and getting the feed lines removed is no joke, I had to use a 4" hole saw to cut an access behind them (next to the toilet) as there were clamps holding the lines in..
New floor insert built, I've taken the "next man" into consideration and made it removable with a screwdriver rather than the sawzall and crowbar I needed..
New Shurflo pump and accumulator tucked up on the fenderwell.
Still a lot going on here but a world better than before, the PEX is super easy to work with. Got a good pressure test on it yesterday so I'm "leak free"... finally..
Installed bathroom cut out valves, I can effectively split the system in half with these.
feeders to the shower are under the drawer that is below the refrigerator.
Toilet feeder is now under the bathroom sink, this helped to clean up the area under the refrigerator.
new bathroom sink faucet, standard 4" set, the drain was more work as they all come set up for a house sink with an overflow, I had to shorten the drain and stopper to make that work.
new shower valves, I ran new pex with 90dg fittings to these, you can actually remove them without a saw now..
New Dometic 310 "low profile" throne installed. It's about 3" taller than the original, no more dwarf height facilities here..
Suburban furnace reinstalled now that the plumbing is sorted out, it fired right up and works great with the new blower motor I installed. I need to get some paint on the mounting platforms.
|Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software|
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software
|(Delete all cookies set by this site)|